STAR WARS: Episode IV, 1977.Original Linen Backed “style A” second printing 1 Sheet (27 x 41″) theatrical movie poster for sale starring; Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Alec Guinness, Peter Cushing, and directed by George Lucas. “A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…” This beautiful artwork by famed Star Wars poster artist Tom Jung is the tough to find second print run and is a rare piece and one usually sought after by collectors due to its scarcity when compared to the third and fourth print runs.
Keep in mind there is also a original “Soundtrack” version which is identical except for a tag below the credits which reads “Original motion picture soundtrack on 20th century record and tapes” in ultra large text.
To <Browse all our Star Wars posters> follow the link!
The four different print runs can be generalized by 4 differences relating to the information on the bottom horizontal margin. All the versions have the NSS information, a GAU logo “made in the USA” and copyright information on the very left of the margin. On the right, the different versions are indicated by the following 4 differences in writing
- 77/21/-0 and just to the left reads one sheet – style “A”
- 77/21 and just to the left reads one sheet – style “A”
- 77/21 directly under reads Star Wars and Just to the left reads one sheet – style “A”.
- Same as above except one sheet – style “A” is not written
For a rolled first release <Click Here>
BEWARE OF FAKES.
There is a lot of information on the internet about authenticating these different versions. The four bullet points below list out the known reproductions.
- A hair was on the original poster when it was being reproduced; causing a photograph of a hair on Leia’s thigh and on Luke’s belt.
- The ground/area below Leia and Luke should be a deep brown, the fake is much brighter orange
- Reproduction posters don’t measure 27 x 41“. The most common incorrect size is 24 x 36″.
- When in doubt about the authenticity, if it appears to be a “too good to be true” deal; then be extra careful, because it probably is.
This particular Star Wars 1 sheet style “A” 4th printing is in near mint condition with no major and only some minor imperfections to note. There are a 3 border chips which can be easily seen if the poster’s photo is clicked to enlarge and there is the slightest wear along the fold lines. Style A tri-folds are very rare so get this one while its still available!
Condition C5. Sold $595 Linen Backed