STAR WARS: Episode IV, 1977.Original Linen Backed “style A” second printing 1 Sheet (27 x 41″) theatrical movie poster for sale starring; Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Alec Guinness, Peter Cushing, and directed by George Lucas. “A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…” This beautiful artwork by famed Star Wars poster artist Tom Jung is the tough to find second print run and is a rare piece and one usually sought after by collectors due to its scarcity when compared to the third and fourth print runs.
Keep in mind there is also a original “Soundtrack” version which is identical except for a tag below the credits which reads “Original motion picture soundtrack on 20th century record and tapes” in ultra large text.
To <Browse all our Star Wars posters> follow the link!
The four different print runs can be generalized by 4 differences relating to the information on the bottom horizontal margin. All the versions have the NSS information, a GAU logo “made in the USA” and copyright information on the very left of the margin. On the right, the different versions are indicated by the following 4 differences in writing
- 77/21/-0 and just to the left reads one sheet – style “A”
- 77/21 and just to the left reads one sheet – style “A”
- 77/21 directly under reads Star Wars and Just to the left reads one sheet – style “A”.
- Same as above except one sheet – style “A” is not written
For a rolled first release <Click Here>
BEWARE OF FAKES.
There is a lot of information on the internet about authenticating these different versions. The four bullet points below list out the known reproductions.
- A hair was on the original poster when it was being reproduced; causing a photograph of a hair on Leia’s thigh and on Luke’s belt.
- The ground/area below Leia and Luke should be a deep brown, the fake is much brighter orange
- Reproduction posters don’t measure 27 x 41“. The most common incorrect size is 24 x 36″.
- When in doubt about the authenticity, if it appears to be a “too good to be true” deal; then be extra careful, because it probably is.
This particular Star Wars 1 sheet style “A” 4th printing is in near mint condition with no major and only some minor imperfections to note. There are a 3 border chips which can be easily seen if the poster’s photo is clicked to enlarge and there is the slightest wear along the fold lines. Style A tri-folds are very rare so get this one while its still available!
Condition C5. For Sale $595
“Buy This Poster” button adds a $10 base charge for shipping a folded, rolled or not linen backed poster in the USA. If outside the USA, please select the appropriate surcharge to your cart. If you do not see your location please <CONTACT US> and we will provide a shipping quote. We combine shipping.
A folded or rolled poster = $10 | If Linen Backed = $15
If in Canada, the shipping surcharge is = $35 | If Linen Backed = $40
If in the UK/Europe, the shipping surcharge is= $45 | If Linen Backed= $55
To see this poster and others visit our gallery the Limited Edition in Historic downtown Katy, Texas. Providing poster sales, Linen Backing, Restoration and Framing services to the Houston, San Antonio, Austin and Dallas